Saturday, January 16, 2010

Two Different Angles, One Big Company

As a person I find what Dove and Axe doing really weird and stupid because their owned by the same company but are going in different directions. In the end it’s just a big money making scheme because Dove’s Campaign for Real Beauty is something that other companies haven’t done and it makes Dove a lot of money because Dove looks at things from a different angle. On the other hand Axe’s campaign is about women going crazy for men who use axe. These two companies have opposite views on things and I personally think that the reason for all this is because of money.


Most things big companies do are for money. I hate to think this but it seems like the reason or one of the big reasons that Dove started the “Campaign for Real Beauty” is because of money. Think about it, why would a company even care if your views were changed on things? Companies are just out to make money. It’s a business plan that has worked out so far and probably will keep going because it appeals to people, everyone wants to feel beautiful. That’s why the campaign is so successful so far.


To me the Axe ads don’t bother me, probably because I’m a guy. They probably bother some people but I find it funny and amusing. Obviously no one in their right mind would believe the ads but it has made more of an effort than other deodorant brands. The ads are basically a business plan like other ads, it’s not realistic that women would run after a man because he has sprayed axe on him. I think guys like to believe that this would happen.


I don’t think that the parent company has any responsibilities to their consumers because it’s a company, not a person. The way I see it, companies have one goal: to make money, and as much of it as possible. This parent company is doing that.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that this all seems to be a money grab, and that each company is using their strengths and weaknesses to make the most of it. However, I believe parent companies should control their other companies better.

    ReplyDelete